Phnom Penh Capital City: Telecommunication Regulator of Cambodia (TRC) held the 8th Joint Technical Committee and Assignment of Frequency along Cambodia – Thailand Common Border Meeting (JTC-8) with National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC). The Meeting is held in CAMBODIANA HOTEL, from 28-30 May, 2019. There are 102 participants, such as Officials from Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, Ministry of Information, Mobiles Operators, FM sound broadcasting, TV Operators and related bodies from both countries.
The Cambodian Delegation was led by H.E. Mr. Moa Chakrya, Chairman of TRC and The Thai Delegation was led by Air Marshal Thanapant Raicharoen, Ph.D., Deputy Secretary General, Office of the NBTC.
– The Meeting mainly discusses about the agenda as follows៖
• Exchange Information of both countries on Telecommunications Status
• Frequency Registration and Notification
• New Interference cases along Cambodia-Thailand Common Border Areas
• Band Plan and coordination parameter for 2300MHz
• Band Plan for 2600MHz
• Coordination Channel TV band UHF.
– The Meeting will be divided into 2 Groups៖
• Working Group 1 – discussing about Frequency Emergency Situation along common Border Cambodia – Thailand, remained issues from the previous JTC Meeting, and new technology system for Mobile Phone.
• Working Group 2 – discussing about coordination parameters and status of FM sound broadcasting and TV broadcasting along common Border Cambodia – Thailand.
The Meeting will be finished on 30 May, 2019 afternoon after signing reports of Working Group 1, Working Group 2 and Minute of Meeting.